Do you ever wonder why ehwn your mom and dad are talking and you walk in the room and they suddenly shut up? Well, I do. And of course, I go into my room and I'm like "Ooh! I wonder what they're buying for me?". But, most likely they're gossiping about the latest movie star news or possibly discussing their sex lives (ew!)
I think the reason us kids/teens always assume it's about is is not because we really DO think it could be an award for our "greatness", I think it's because we like to avoid the fact taht our parents might actually have social lives. Honestly- it's scary! I mean to think- our parents had their first kiss, and lost thier virginity (hopefully). And that is a freakin' scary thought. Now- of course there's the other thing- where we should be greatful for our parents becasue they gave up their social lives-for the most part- to raise us. Now that's a big sacrifise. Imagine giving up school and the mall- or whatever it is you do, to raise YOU! That sounds like HELL to me! Raising me? BUMMER, dude! WHo wants to give an 11 year old (or in my case- a 6 yr. old) "The Talk" Or teaching a girl to shave her legs, or talking to her about puberty. Imagine trying to support a 15 year old boy while his voice crackles up and becomes "manly". Scary! right?? Now, we may say "Ah, i've got a younger sibling and i practically raised them", But we didnt'! NO matter how many diapers we have changed, and no matter how many time-outs we've assigned to a younger sibling- We didnt pop a little red screaming machine out of us, and we didn't have to watch why they got all their little shots and baby foot-pricks. We didn't have to squirt out 14 meals a day for some infant. NO. So we should thank our parents.
over and out dude.
No comments:
Post a Comment